COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund
Supporting those affected by coronavirus (COVID-19)
Because of you and our incredible community we have risen to the challenge! The COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund at Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital is successful, and we are grateful. We established the fund in response to a defining moment facing our community and are pleased to report that we are meeting that moment. Author Steven Thulon once said that “Conflict builds character. Crisis defines it.” You have certainly defined that together our character is strong!
Thanks to you, we have been able to establish and implement the COVID-19 Response Fund. Together, we are protecting and equipping our vital healthcare responders with the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) that they need to keep them, and us, safe. Together, we have secured temporary lodging for them and for our community’s most vulnerable and aging who are unable to shelter at home during this pandemic and together we have established protocols for mobile showering units to keep our healthcare responders safe and to contain the spread of the virus in our community. Our collaborative work with other community, county and state health officials and partners continues, in large part because of your support.
There are many ways you can continue to help, including donating supplies, making a financial contribution, or showing your appreciation through a few kind words.
Ways You Can Help
When you stay home to help slow the spread of the disease, you are protecting yourself while helping us care for some of the most vulnerable residents of our community.
Throughout this time of uncertainty, we ask you to continue including the Jennie Edmundson Hospital Foundation as a key part of your philanthropy. We will need your support every step of the way.
Your gift to the Jennie Edmundson Foundation’s Emergency COVID-19 Pandemic Response Fund will be used to help patients and caregivers who are impacted by this disease and to address emerging areas of greatest need, including the following:
- Assisting our uninsured and/or underinsured low-income patients to cover healthcare costs related to COVID-19.
- Providing financial help with necessary everyday living expenses and housing for some of our most vulnerable patients who may not be able to shelter at home.
- Provide financial help to support and enable our healthcare staff to sustain their resilience as they continue to provide safe, high-quality care to our patients and community.
- Ensuring that we have sufficient personal protection equipment, supplies, and medical equipment to ensure that our healthcare workers will stay healthy while caring for patients.
- Providing pandemic-related training and resources to our physicians, nurses, and hospital staff.
- Hiring additional nurses and caregivers to care for increased numbers of patients.
Consider making an impact by honoring our healthcare providers who are facing this challenge with confidence and grace. Your tax-deductible gift will provide much-needed assurance to staff on the frontlines as they strive to assist patients while maintaining their own health during this unprecedented time.
If you are able to do so, we encourage you to consider making a gift today to the Jennie Edmundson Foundation’s COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund. Together we will fight the coronavirus and emerge a stronger and better community.