As a volunteer, you will participate in promoting Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital and the well-being of our patients, but you will also receive many personal benefits (listed below), several that will last a lifetime.
- Free Parking
- Free Flu Shots
- Free Health Screenings
- Annual Blood Screen Test *
- Annual Meeting
- Summer Picnic
- Hospital Holiday Brunch
- Leadership Opportunities
- Fun, Fellowship, Friendship
* To be eligible for the Annual Blood Screen Test complements of the Jennie Edmundson Hospital PathLab, volunteers must serve at least 50 hours per year.
Our Adult Volunteer Program offers a variety of positions throughout the hospital to fit your interests and schedule. Placement depends on your skills, interests and our current opportunities.
- Gift Shop *
- Emergency Room *
- Information Desks
- Office Resources
- Oncology Waiting Room
- Outpatient Surgery
- Pharmacy Annex
* Evening and weekend shifts are available.
Special Events / Fundraising
Dance to the Beat - Held in February - Cardiac Care Dance/Fundraiser
Wheels of Courage - Held in June - Car Show to benefit Cancer Patients
Spirit of Courage - Held in August - Golf Outing and Gala to benefit Cancer Patients
Pink Out - Held in October - Breast Health Awareness Month
I'm Ready! What Are the Next Steps?
- Download and print the Volunteer Application.
- Call the Volunteer Services Department at (712) 396-6040 to schedule your interview and tour of the hospital.
- Bring the completed application with you to the interview or mail it to the address listed below.
- Schedule and attend an orientation session.
- During your orientation, you will have your photo taken by Human Resource for the required hospital ID.
- A Health Screening must be completed before you can begin volunteering at the hospital. You will be asked to contact the Employee Health nurse to schedule a time to have this done. The screening consists of a health questionnaire, vital signs, review of immunizations and a TB test.
- The Employee Health nurse will notify us when you are clear to begin your training. The Adult Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to schedule your first training.